[ubuntu-uk] Help! - problem installing Ubuntu

Barry Drake ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com
Sat Jun 20 21:25:05 UTC 2015

On 20/06/15 22:01, Tony Pursell wrote:
> Well, its booted into Windows showing the reduced size Windows partition.
> This is the first time I have installed on a PC with EFI - is there
> something I should have done first?

Very definitely.  You must boot in EFI mode.  If you don't see a grub
screen, then it can't boot EFI from a USB stick.  I do mine from an
external DVD ....  Can't you do that?  Windows will be messed up (I
think) by grub ....  It messes the EFI partition up by installing grub
into the boot sector.  Not quite sure what it will do then.  Make sure
you can re-install Windows - you may have to.

--
http://barrydrake.co.nr/