[ubuntu-uk] Annoying installation problem ....

Barry Drake ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com
Sat Jun 6 10:27:37 UTC 2015

On 06/06/15 11:07, Colin Law wrote:
> On 6 June 2015 at 10:32, Barry Drake <ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com> wrote:
>> On 06/06/15 08:31, Colin Law wrote:
>
> I don't think 'sda' is a valid answer to all the questions, notably:>
> As originally setup how did you select which system to boot from? Did
> you tell the BIOS to boot off one disk or the other, or did you get a
> grub menu that allowed you to select which one?

During installation, I used the BIOS boot menu to boot from a DVD.  This
is not the BIOS default, which I had at that time set to boot from sda.
  Both sda and sdb had a boot sector with grub installed.  The grub menu
on both had been configured to allow booting from either of the two
operating systems.  In this case, I had booted straight from the DVD so
the installation should not have detected any extraneous information.

Regards,		Barry.

--
http://barrydrake.co.nr/