[ubuntu-uk] Looking for Ubuntu users in the UK for scientific research

Steve Dodier-Lazaro sidnioulz at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 09:22:54 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I'm a PhD student at UCL Computer Science (and former Xubuntu dev) doing
research on how people multitask and use documents across multiple
applications. I'm soon to recruit participants who use Ubuntu Vivid and are
based in the UK a 2 month long study, and am currently looking for one
person to conduct a pilot study.

Roughly, the study involves installing some software that collects data
about your app and file usage (a bit like GNOME Zeitgeist), uploading the
data to our server, being interviewed at UCL for an hour, installing some
more software, using it for 1 or 2 weeks and going through a last
interview. I will not keep or publish any of the data collected during this
studty, it's only used for testing purposes in preparation for the real
study. You will be paid around £50 for participating (participants to the
real study get paid up to £100 since I pay them for the data I collect over
2 months).

You can read more about the study protocol here:
https://study.cs.ucl.ac.uk/multitasking/web/information (note the website
might be down for a while following a power surge in the UCL neighbourhood;
backed up at http://sidi.mupuf.org/files/multitasking-study-info-1.pdf).

If you're interested, please drop me an email at
s.dodier-lazaro at cs.ucl.ac.uk.

Thanks,
--
Steve Dodier-Lazaro