[ubuntu-uk] Problem with wine ....

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 17:14:40 UTC 2015

On 27 January 2015 at 15:51, Barry Drake <ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com> wrote:
> On 27/01/15 14:54, Colin Law wrote:
>>
>> In the working mint and the non-working ubuntu what do apt-cache policy
>> wine and apt-cache policy wine1.6 and which msiexec show? Colin
>

> I think you've got it Colin.  The packages appeared to be the same, I hadn't
> spotted the '4' and the '6' after 'ubuntu' in the name. This is what I get
> from the above:
>
> barry at mint ~ $ apt-cache policy wine
> wine:
>   Installed: 1:1.6.2-0ubuntu4
>   Candidate: 1:1.6.2-0ubuntu4
>   Version table:
>  *** 1:1.6.2-0ubuntu4 0
>         500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/universe amd64 Packages
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
> barry at mint ~ $ apt-cache policy wine1.6
> wine1.6:
>   Installed: 1:1.6.2-0ubuntu4
>   Candidate: 1:1.6.2-0ubuntu4
>   Version table:
>  *** 1:1.6.2-0ubuntu4 0
>         500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/universe amd64 Packages
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
> barry at mint ~ $ which msiexec
> /usr/bin/msiexec
>
> barry at vivid:~$ apt-cache policy wine
> wine:
>   Installed: 1:1.6.2-0ubuntu6
>   Candidate: 1:1.6.2-0ubuntu6
>   Version table:
>  *** 1:1.6.2-0ubuntu6 0
>         500 http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ vivid/universe amd64

Also it seems you are using Ubuntu 15.10 which is still in alpha (not
even in beta), and is exactly the version in the bug report.  There
seems little doubt that you are seeing that bug.  You should probably
mark yours as a duplicate to save someone else that effort.

I might suggest that high horses are out of order when complaining
about problems in an alpha release :)

Colin