[ubuntu-uk] Keyobard issues in 14.10

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 10:00:19 UTC 2015

On 18 January 2015 at 09:43, Barry Drake <ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com> wrote:
> On 18/01/15 09:15, Colin Law wrote:
>>
>> Also if that is the version of ibus then I deduce you are running Ubuntu
>> 14.10, whereas the new ibus is for 14.04, so it won't help anyway. I don't
>> know, but I suspect it may not be back ported for 14.10 as that will be
>> superseded in a few months anyway.
>

> One advantage of running the latest versions is that I get the updates
> straight away.  The keyboard problem seems to be well fixed in 15.10, and
> although I rarely drop back to 15.04, I think it's fixed there too.  It's
> just so easy to re-install every six months, I don't know why anyone
> struggles on with anything but the latest.

15?
I think some are still seeing it in 14.10, it seems to be a timing
related issue (or similar) so some see it and some don't.  The bug
report says it is fixed in 15.04 (ie the one currently in alpha
release) and there is a fix in 'proposed' for 14.04, but no mention of
14.10, so I suspect it it still present there.

Regards

Colin