[ubuntu-uk] Keyobard issues in 14.10

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Sat Jan 17 12:51:24 UTC 2015

On 17 January 2015 at 12:42, Gareth France
<gareth.france at cliftonts.co.uk> wrote:
> I've been suffering from this since release day but it's driving me nuts so
> I have to speak out and see if anyone knows the solution. My machine keeps
> defaulting to the American keyboard layout. The icon in the taskbar always
> displays UK but the layout is wrong. I have to switch to American and then
> back to UK almost every time I boot up to resolve it.
>
> Does anyone know why it does this and how I can stop it?

Remove the US layout completely?

System Settings -> Text Entry.
In "Input sources to use" make sure you have a line for English (UK)
and highlight the English (US) one and click the "-" minus sign to
remove it. You could also untick the "Show current input source in the
menu bar" to get rid of that if you don't need it.

Cheers,
Al.