[ubuntu-uk] Keyboard shortcuts in 15.04

Barry Drake ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com
Thu Dec 17 11:58:57 UTC 2015

On 17/12/15 11:16, Colin Law wrote:

> Those seem to be talking about FN keys, whereas Barry said it was
> <Ctrl> F3 for suspend, which seemed particularly strange to me.

Not quite.  I did say that.  It was a slip of the finger.  <function>+F4
is the hardware suspend key combination, and was one of the key
combinations I had tried, obviously with no success.  All the Lenovo
hard coded keys are <function>+[somekey] and these were the ones I was
trying to use.  I had assumed that Ubuntu could override this.  I can
see now why it can't.  I was having a bad day, and was getting very
frustrated, as I had to get it done for that evening.  The
<ctrl>+[anything] can be used if I choose.  Apologies again for the mix-up.

Regards,		Barry.
--
http://barrydrake.co.nr/