[ubuntu-uk] Keyboard shortcuts in 15.04

Barry Drake ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com
Wed Dec 16 15:47:27 UTC 2015

On 16/12/15 12:32, Liam Proven wrote:

> I think this is a BIOS setting on your laptop. Look for options to
> disable such things as sleep/wake and hibernate. Then Ubuntu's
> software versions should still work.

There is such a BIOS setting, but I do occasionally want to use
'hibernate', so I'm not going to disable it.  It doesn't explain the
behaviour of the apps launcher thingy though.  That allows me to capture
<superkey>+[any key] but does not work the way it ought.  That is
definitely hard coded, so I have every reason to suppose that the F3 key
follows the same pattern.

As I've got everything I want working without using the F keys, I'm
going to carry on with that arrangement.

Regards,		Barry.

--
http://barrydrake.co.nr/