[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu phone

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 16:48:53 UTC 2015

On 1 December 2015 at 16:39, Alan Pope <alan at popey.com> wrote:
> On 1 December 2015 at 16:35, Colin Law <clanlaw at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Without the Google Apps (Gmail, Hangouts, Maps, navigation, G+) a lot
>> of Android users will be very resistant to moving to Ubuntu,
>> unfortunately.
>>

> ..and many don't need any of those.. :)
>
> My brother - a very typical mobile phone user - just switched from a
> Samsung Android device to a Nokia/Windows device because all he wants
> is Facebook, a camera and browser.
>
> There's a lot of different types of users out there.

Agreed, I was not suggesting otherwise.  Though certainly a
significant majority of the dozen or so Android users I know require
at least a couple of the google apps.  They are not necessarily
typical users however.

For myself I wish I could justify having a second phone in order to
have Ubuntu on it.

Colin