[ubuntu-uk] WifiTransfer app on Ubuntu Phone

Tony Pursell ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Aug 27 14:45:47 UTC 2015

Hi All

I wonder if anyone can help me.

It has long been difficult to move files on and off an Ubuntu phone as the
only way to do it was by USB cable.  Now there is an app called
WifiTransfer which uses FTP to transfer files over WiFi which is meant to
make it easier.  The problem is, it uses a folder called
~/.local/share/wifitransfer.sil to move files in and out of which is a
hidden folder and I can find no quick way to move to and from it without
having to type in .local every time.  One of the reviews for it says that
you can show hidden files but I don't know how to do this in File Manager
on the phone.  Does anyone here know how to do it?

Also, is there a way, in File Manager on the Phone, to copy more than one
file for pasting?

And finally, as this seems to me to be a bit of a botch, are there any
plans to add SMB network connections to File Manager on the Phone?  I've
got it on my Android phone and well worth the £1.99 I paid for it.

Tony