[ubuntu-uk] Getting Amazon Prime videos to work

Barry Titterton titterton.barry at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 16:45:47 UTC 2015

On 12/08/15 22:09, David King wrote:
> I am having trouble getting Amazon Prime videos to work in Ubuntu.
> It's Ubuntu Studio 14.04 with XFCE desktop.
>

> David K

Hi David,

I have also had a lot of problems trying to get Amazon Prime to work. My
two Ubuntu machines do not work: I have both a 32 bit and a 64 bit
install of 14.04 LTS with Unity, and they both have the Ubuntu version
of Firefox v.40. Pipelight has also been a failure. The only machine
that plays Amazon Prime streamed video is an elderly Advent laptop which
runs 32 bit Mint 17.2 XFCE with the Mint version of Firefox v.40. The
Amazon Prime problem does seem to be a Ubuntu specific issue.

I hope that this info' is of some help to you.

Barry T