[ubuntu-uk] Issues packaging software

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Mon Apr 27 17:09:04 UTC 2015

On 27 April 2015 at 17:17, Gareth France <gareth.france at cliftonts.co.uk> wrote:
> Could anyone suggest what I am supposed to put for copyright and licensing
> if I'm doing a commercial project?

By "commercial" I wonder if you mean "proprietary"?

Either way, take a look at the copyright file you get with skype, as
an example of a package containing a mix of proprietary (most of it)
and free software (the debian directory) parts.

Pastebinned here in case you don't have it installed
http://paste.ubuntu.com/10913721/

I took this from /usr/share/doc/skype/copyright - you can look at
other copyright files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright and examine them
too to learn from them..

I have quite a few on my system.  I imagine many of them are similar.

alan at deep-thought:~⟫ ls -l /usr/share/doc/*/copyright | wc -l
3725

Cheers,
Al.