[ubuntu-uk] Issues packaging software

Gareth France gareth.france at cliftonts.co.uk
Sat Apr 25 22:46:18 UTC 2015

I have written some software I would like to publish in Ubuntu.
Following the official guides I can create their demo program which
simply prints 'hello world' on the screen. Unsurprisingly I'm looking to
do much more than that! However the guides miss out a lot of important
information and just cause more confusion than they solve.

I have done this once before but it was so long winded and required so
much back tracking and re-submitting over and over that by the time it
got approved I had forgotten how I'd got there, so gave up.

Is there anyone who could help me get a very simple command line only
utility submitted to the software centre?

Thanks in advance.