[ubuntu-uk] More phone problems/observations

Dan Chapman daniel at chapman-mail.com
Wed Apr 8 17:28:27 UTC 2015

On 08/04/15 17:30, David King wrote:

> I have noticed that the Dekko email client is quite unstable and keeps
> crashing -- surely the Ubuntu team should be developing this? We need
> a decent email client. One of the main reasons for having an Ubuntu
> phone is to get away from Google, yet the only email client that is
> installed by default is for gmail.
Please file bugs with log files for issues you come across, along with a
description of the exact point it happens.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/dekko/+filebug

We are aware of people experiencing crashes, and alot of it seems to be
specific to the bq devices, which I currently do not own. I have been
unable to reproduce the issues on my nexus 4 so it's been hard to
pinpoint the problems. I've been at the mercy of users trying out
patches for me, until I can get my hands on one of these devices.

A lot of improvements are being made, so the stability should improve
considerably over the next few updates.

Cheers

Dan Chapman