[ubuntu-uk] Nixnote won't connect to Evernote

Gordon Burgess-Parker gordonbp at mail.com
Wed Oct 29 17:03:44 UTC 2014

I have a Netbook with Ubuntu 14.04 (x86) installed as a fresh install,
all patched up to date.
Nixnote 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6 install correctly - obviously not all at the
same time! (I can't see any i386 versions after those)and open
correctly, but the option Tools>Synchronise with Evernote is greyed out,
and when I click on "Synchronise" in the toolbar or on Tools>Connect the
"Please grant Nixnote Access" dialog box appears, then disappears and
the following error message shows at the bottom left hand corner of the
window:
"OAuth error retrieving temporary token"

The 64 bit version of Nixnote works perfectly OK on my laptop with 64
bit Ubuntu installed - has anyone come across this, and if so is there a
fix?
(I've raised a ticket on the SourceForge web page - but there doesn't
seem to be much activity from the developers there at all...)

Cheers

Gordon