[ubuntu-uk] New netbook?

jim.cameron at buhlergroup.com jim.cameron at buhlergroup.com
Thu Oct 16 08:53:51 UTC 2014

> Hi there .....  Just to say I'm really delighted with my Lenovo X201
which arrived yesterday.  It's now running 14.10 really well and I'm
impressed with every aspect.  It's supposed to have a light which turns
on using fn+PgUp but that doesn't seem to work.  Is there a trick, or is
the light broken?  I don't think I'm likely to use it, but I wonder.

I can't speak to your exact model of laptop, but my Lenovo W520 has such a light and it works as expected under 14.04. I didn't have to apply any tricks, I just hit fn+PgUp and it turns on. So I should expect yours ought to be supported out of the box.

Cheers, jim
--
Jim Cameron, Senior Software Development Engineer
Bühler Sortex Limited, 20 Atlantis Avenue, London E16 2BF

This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential,
may be legally privileged and is designated exclusively
for the intended recipient. Access by any other person is
not authorised. Any disclosure of this e-mail or of names
of persons mentioned therein as well as any storing,
copying, distribution and dissemination is strictly prohibited.

If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately
delete this e-mail and notify the sender by phone or by e-mail.