[ubuntu-uk] New netbook?

David King linuxman at avoura.com
Sat Oct 4 17:04:17 UTC 2014

I have an Asus EeePC from a few years ago which still runs well. I was
using PinguyOS (based on Ubuntu and Mint) but that became quite out of
date and I did not like the newer versions (but was never too slow). So
I decided to install Linux Lite which is based on Ubuntu, using version
14.04 so it has an up-to-date kernel and software. Nothing fancy, but it
works smoothly on my netbook, even with Cairo Dock installed and a few
tabs open in Firefox, plus running LibreOffice Writer and a couple of
other small apps at the same time. Not had a problem with it at all, so
maybe you just need to install a new distro.
It has a CPU speed of 1.6 GHz and 1 GB of RAM so similar specs to your
Samsung.

David King