[ubuntu-uk] Reverse engineering data files

Gareth France gareth.france at cliftonts.co.uk
Sun Nov 23 00:26:23 UTC 2014

I have already been peeking in hex editors. I have picked out 80% of the
data and been able to read it into perl (since posting this). However I
have noticed some characters which appear to act as boundries between
certain fields which are not in the standard ascii set, so I'll have
trouble evaluating those in my code, I know how to do it in Quick Basic,
I've never tried in perl.

The next big problem is that the most important data appears as
gibberish. I think I will need to experiment with several data files and
look for similarities and differences. I'm getting there though.