[ubuntu-uk] Choice of laptop

Gareth France gareth.france at cliftonts.co.uk
Fri Nov 7 12:31:17 UTC 2014

> The only way you can "try" to make a point is either by:
>
> 1. Buying a machine from somewhere that sells then sans OS or with Linux.
> 2. Attempting to get a refund for the "Microsoft Tax"...

I have done as suggested above and attempted my refund. I was told they
would not do this as I should have bought the laptop without an OS. When
I said that the retailer doesn't sell them like that they said there are
retailers who do but could not name a single one or give me the price it
would retail at.

Any suggestions or is it wipe and reinstall time?