[ubuntu-uk] Constant crashing

Gareth France gareth.france at gmail.com
Fri May 30 06:07:51 UTC 2014

I recently installed Ubuntu on a friends computer as it was running
painfully slowly with Windows. It is an older machine and the
performance is now acceptable. However it appears that it is regularly
hanging and requiring a forced reboot to cure this. When working on
their broadband setup yesterday I witnessed this three times in a row,
gave up and used my laptop instead. I have run the memory check that
comes with Ubuntu and found no errors. I just wondered if anyone had any
ideas how to track down the fault. Although slow Windows did not crash
like this.