[ubuntu-uk] Strange Wireless Behaviour

Nigel Verity nigelverity at hotmail.com
Fri May 9 07:21:07 UTC 2014

Hi

I have an Acer netbook on which I have recently replaced PCLinuxOS with Xubuntu 14.04. Using PCLOS the netbook would detect and lock on to the wi-fi signal anywhere in the house. Now it is running Xubuntu it detects the signal but won't connect unless I move the device to within a few yards of the router.

Given that the hardware is clearly working fine, and the issue has only arisen following the changeover, the cause must be with the OS. Is there a wi-fi "sensitivity threshold" setting or something similar I can try?

Thanks

Nige