[ubuntu-uk] Comparing installed packages

Joe Alam yothsoggoth at gmail.com
Sun May 4 12:39:40 UTC 2014

Hi,

There's probably a far better way that someone with some more experience
will suggest, but the first thing that came to mind is to write a little
program/script that does the following:

- read all the files, into their own list of packages
- combine the lists, filling a list of package names, sorted in
alphabetical order and removing duplicates
- iterate through the combined list, for each package check each of the
four individual lists and if it is in there output it, otherwise leave a
space

That should achieve it in a fairly simple way, and can be done with any
language.

Best of luck,
Joe