[ubuntu-uk] After XP - an experience re Ubuntu and printer

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Sun May 4 11:13:40 UTC 2014

Just a snippet to report a nice experience. Below is a quote from a
*novice* who had been currently using only XP on a very old PC.  With
suggestions from me and others, he purchased a low end naked Novatech
PC after himself discussing his need with Novatech (and finding they
said this PC would be fine with Ubuntu....). I installed 12.04 for him
and transferred email to it via Mozilla Thunderbird facilities.

Time ran out at the discovery that his existing Dell all in one
printer was not recognised. I briefly discussed printers and left a
firm offer to help in detail with a printer purchase when he was next
available.

I have now received an email from him containing this.

======================
John Lewis at High Wycombe and spoke to an assistant re Ubuntu
and he told me that he had installed it on his machine at home and he
was very satisfied.
With this in mind I told him what I wanted and he came up with an HP
Photosmart 5524 machine for £56-00 which I bought and I think that I
have set it up  correctly

We are doing something right Guys!
Thanks to ALL.
;-)