[ubuntu-uk] Publishing to the software centre

Gareth France gareth.france at gmail.com
Thu May 1 16:13:02 UTC 2014

On 01/05/14 17:09, Dave Morley wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-05-01 at 16:31 +0100, Gareth France wrote:
>> My second attempt to submit to the Software Centre has resulted in this
>> extremely unhelpful feedback:
>>
>> This package will not build till the following sections are corrected:
>>
>> Now running lintian...
>> W: cliftontestsuite source: no-section-field-for-source
>> E: cliftontestsuite source: debian-files-list-in-source
>> W: cliftontestsuite source: debhelper-but-no-misc-depends cliftontestsuite
>> W: cliftontestsuite source: debhelper-compat-file-is-missing
>> W: cliftontestsuite source: package-uses-deprecated-debhelper-compat-version 1
>> E: cliftontestsuite source: package-uses-debhelper-but-lacks-build-depends
>> E: cliftontestsuite source: temporary-debhelper-file debhelper.log
>> W: cliftontestsuite source: no-debian-copyright
>> E: cliftontestsuite source: no-standards-version-field
>> Finished running lintian.
>>

>> Seriously, do they not want people to bother doing this? Can anyone help with any of this?
>>

> They are just missing fields from the control file but all the ones
> marked E will prevent the package building I'd already corrected 3
> errors when lintian gave me the feedback.

I'm working my way through the list now but this really is far more
complicated than it should need to be to get a simple perl script
published. The first E entry - debian-files-list-in-source is not
something I create but something that is auto created during the
packaging process, is that right? That's what my research seems to suggest.

The worst thing about this is that I muddle my way through an
incomprehensible process and submit, then have to wait for days before
finding out what I did wrong. Then resubmit and wait for days again. It
could literally take months to get this published at this rate!