[ubuntu-uk] Publishing to the software centre

Matthew Wild mwild1 at gmail.com
Thu May 1 16:12:22 UTC 2014

On 1 May 2014 16:31, Gareth France <gareth.france at gmail.com> wrote:
> My second attempt to submit to the Software Centre has resulted in this
> extremely unhelpful feedback:
>
> This package will not build till the following sections are corrected:
>

> Now running lintian...

lintian is a tool to check packages for various problems. 'W'
indicates a warning, and 'E' an error (bad!). I've provided links to
explanations of all the errors below, though the warnings should be
looked at too when those are solved.

http://lintian.debian.org/tags/debian-files-list-in-source.html

http://lintian.debian.org/tags/package-uses-debhelper-but-lacks-build-depends.html

http://lintian.debian.org/tags/temporary-debhelper-file.html

http://lintian.debian.org/tags/no-standards-version-field.html

> Seriously, do they not want people to bother doing this? Can anyone help
> with any of this?

Have you tried using dh_make? It would have taken care of almost all
of this automatically. You could also upload your package somewhere,
I'm sure some kind soul with the knowledge would help fix it and show
you where you went wrong.

Regards,
Matthew