[ubuntu-uk] Ending Dual-Boot: XP partiton question

SuperEngineer boosys at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 18:55:26 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-03-13 at 13:11 +0000, Liam Proven wrote:
> Secondly, don't try to boot the VM off a disk partition. Image the
> disk partition into a file, then use that file as your virtual disk.
> Much much safer, and also, when you get the VM configured to use the
> virtual emulated hardware, you won't break your real physical install.

Thanks for the hint, Liam.
Preparing to image the partition now.
I also have the original on original disk in remnants of old machine -
still working - as fail safe backup.  Might even try running from that
disk in this pooter some day. For now though, it's my safe store.  ;)

--
Bill B. [SuperEngineer]