[ubuntu-uk] Ending Dual-Boot

Nigel Verity nigelverity at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 9 17:04:07 UTC 2014

Hi

The big day has arrived. I'm in a position to finish with all this dual-boot nonsense and give my Dell laptop entirely over to Xubuntu. If I use GParted to delete the 2 partitions used by Windows 7, and then resize the Linux partition, it strikes me that Grub might get into a mess. I'm sure I could probably modify the Grub setup but is this approach more trouble than it's worth? Would I be better off just starting from scratch with a fresh Xubuntu install? The reason I'd like to avoid this if practical is that it always takes me a couple of days to get everything just the way I like it whenever I do a full reinstall.

Any advice most welcome.

Thanks very much

Nige