[ubuntu-uk] Should ubuntu play DVDs gratis?

Andres a75576 at alumni.tecnun.es
Sun Mar 2 05:57:15 UTC 2014

On 2 de marzo de 2014 00:09:02 GMT, Daniel Llewellyn <diddledan at gmail.com> wrote:
>Andres,
>
>www.fluendo.com
>
>fluendo dvd player is a proprietary product which can play DVDs.
>Fluendo
>also do a pack of "codecs" which include among others a plugin for
>Windows
>Media format (unencrypted only). The codecs work for any
>gstreamer-based
>player but not others such as mplayer, vlc or xine. Also the DVD player
>is
>a separate app which doesn't enable DVD playback in totem or any other
>player which you may prefer :-(.

That's the one! I now have a price to compare with a new dvd $25 and fixing a noisy computer fan. And hating myself for letting 'the man' win with their propietary stuff. I prefer fluendo rather than being oblivious with a dvd player.

Does that mean libdvdcss2 is ilegal in UK? Wikipedia says it has never been legally challenged.

--
Enviado desde mi teléfono con K-9 Mail.