[ubuntu-uk] Lubuntu etc .....

Barry Drake ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com
Mon Jun 9 19:57:36 UTC 2014

Hi there ...  The recent thread on old, slow computers came to mind when
I installed Trusty in place of 12.04 on my Samsung netbook.  It was
sightly faster after the upgrade, but still felt very slow at the side
of my desktop.  It has a single core i386 processor running at about 1.5
GiHz.

Yesterday, I tried Lubuntu on it.  Provided I stick with the small fast
applications it comes with, it's brilliant.  I put Thunderbird on it,
but only so I can port the mailboxes to the default mailer. Even the
lightweight Abiword is good enough for when I'm away from home.  I can
put the big programs that I use under Ubunto on the netbook for
emergency use, but I'm really pleased with it overall. The only downside
for me is that it as ye doesn't have two finger scrolling.  I've just
got used to that thanks to you guys.

God bless,        Barry.