[ubuntu-uk] Windows free at last!

Barry Drake ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com
Wed Jan 29 21:03:59 UTC 2014

Hi there ...  A couple of weeks ago, I did a BIOS (UEFI) update as
requested after reporting a bug.  The result was that an installation of
Windows 7 which I had on a removable drive died completely and I lost
it.  How unstable Windows can be at times like this!

When I looked at my very rare need for Windows, I found that I only have
occasional need to use Microsoft Word to open a docx file which is
heavily formatted and shows complete garbage in Libreoffice, and for the
very occasional publisher file I am sent.  I have now successfully
installed Word and Publisher under Wine and assume I will never need to
boot Windows again.  Oh, thank you!!!!

Barry Drake.