[ubuntu-uk] 14.04 and laptop battery life

Tony Pursell ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Feb 3 23:01:38 UTC 2014

I have an eeepc 1015PEM.  It said it has a 6 hr battery life and for the 3
yrs I've had it I have always got near to that.  What I do notice is I get
an indication of about 2.5hrs when I start up with a full battery, but it
soon settles down to something like 5hrs 50mins.  Anything intensive will
always bring the indication down a bit before it goes back up.

I'm on 13.10 now and probably started with around 10.04 and I haven't
noticed much change over the years.

Tony