[ubuntu-uk] UK Team Reboot

Mike Hingley computa_mike at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 5 05:56:45 UTC 2014

I wonder if advocacy for the Operating System is too narrow a target.  I think it’s fair to say that computers are typically seen as Windows or Mac.  People on a don’t tend to think about the operating system in their computer - and I can sort of see that argument.  Advocating that someone should ditch their OS for a free OS (in the true sense of free) might be a stretch for some people - perhaps we need to start smaller, perhaps in looking at components.  Maybe Firefox and Chrome offer a “Foot in the door”.

 Would there be any benefit in talking to someone like Barclays?  They have their tech and tea sessions and digital eagles.  Maybe we could borrow some of these ideas and host tech and tea sessions for Ubuntu and Free Software?  In fact I might go to one and see who is attending, what they are advocating etc.

Sent from Windows Mail