[ubuntu-uk] How old is your computer?

Barry Titterton titterton.barry at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 15:26:32 UTC 2014

Hi All,

How old is the oldest computer that you have in regular use?

I was prompted to ask this question by a comment that I over heard while
doing some Linux advocacy at my local community centre. They run
beginners computer courses (Windows only) so I popped along to see if
anyone would be interested in Linux and FOSS. There was a conversation
which included the statement "If your machine is 3 to 4 years old it
must be getting worn out, so you need to think about getting a new one".
This got me thinking about my own machines and I realised that my main
desktop PC (Pentium D 3.2GHz), that I use every day, will be 9 years old
in February, and it is still capable of running Ubuntu 14.04 very well.

So how old is your machine?.

Regards,

Barry T