[ubuntu-uk] Google fu - like kung-fu, but with search :)

Mike Hingley computa_mike at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 29 11:48:40 UTC 2014

Bruno & Alan-
Your Google-Fu is indeed mighty....  I've learned a lot today.
Here's something interesting i found using Bruno's search syntax : http://www.ubuntu.com/tour/en/
I had a click through there and there are still links to ubuntu one (both the music store and file store).

I created the following tampermonkey script to fix the ubuntu tour :
// ==UserScript==// @match      http://www.ubuntu.com/tour/en/*// @require    http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1/jquery.min.js// @require    http://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/sugar/1.3/sugar.min.js// @name UbuntuOneRemove// ==/UserScript==   var runEverySecond = function(){  $('li.uone').remove();  $('li.uonemusic').remove();
}; $(document).ready(function() {    setInterval(runEverySecond,1000);});

might be able to do something more appropriate by modifying the tour to not include those icons, or hiding them on the event (when the Ubuntu logo disapears from the screen).