[ubuntu-uk] Publishing to the software centre

Gareth France gareth.france at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 18:53:50 UTC 2014

Right, my first attempt to package produced a diff.gz containing
cliftontestsuite_0.1-1.diff. So I uploaded that and got this back:

Hi
We need the debian source package directory tar.gz’d and sent in as the package in the correct archive format as recommended in the following documents.  Many thanks.

So why exactly did I go through that packaging nightmare? Do I just compress the entire directory structure and send that?