[ubuntu-uk] Publishing to the software centre

Gareth France gareth.france at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 10:24:36 UTC 2014

On 24/04/14 11:18, Alan Pope wrote:
> Hi Gareth,
>
> On 24 April 2014 10:47, Gareth France <gareth.france at gmail.com> wrote:
>> .Can nobody help me with this debuild command? It just seems to throw up
>> endless error messages.
>>
> Not endless, only a few.
>
>> This package has a Debian revision number but there does not seem to be
>> an appropriate original tar file or .orig directory in the parent directory;
>> (expected one of cliftontestsuite_0.1.orig.tar.gz,
>> cliftontestsuite_0.1.orig.tar.bz2,
>> cliftontestsuite_0.1.orig.tar.lzma, cliftontestsuite_0.1.orig.tar.xz or
>> Clifton Test Suite v0.1.orig)
>> continue anyway? (y/n) y
> So you need an original source package and it even suggests various
> names for that source tarball.
>
> So you should have an for example "cliftontestsuite_0.1.orig.tar.gz"
> which contains the original "upstream" source.
>
>>   dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -d -us -uc -S -sa
>> dpkg-buildpackage: source package cliftontestsuite
>> dpkg-buildpackage: source version 0.1-1
>> dpkg-buildpackage: source distribution UNRELEASED
>> dpkg-buildpackage: source changed by Gareth <gareth.france at cliftonts.co.uk>
>>   dpkg-source --before-build Clifton Test Suite v0.1
>> dpkg-source: error: syntax error in Clifton Test Suite v0.1/debian/control
>> at line 9: first block lacks a source field
> So here it says your debian/control file is missing a "Source" field.
> So in your case it might just be Source: cliftontestsuite.
>
>> dpkg-buildpackage: error: dpkg-source --before-build Clifton Test Suite v0.1
>> gave error exit status 255
>> debuild: fatal error at line 1364:
>> dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -d -us -uc -S -sa failed
>>
> So it looks like just two errors here.
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

Having added the source you suggest it now reads:
continue anyway? (y/n) y
  dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -d -us -uc -S -sa
dpkg-buildpackage: source package cliftontestsuite
dpkg-buildpackage: source version 0.1-1
dpkg-buildpackage: source distribution UNRELEASED
dpkg-buildpackage: source changed by Gareth <gareth.france at cliftonts.co.uk>
  dpkg-source --before-build Clifton Test Suite v0.1
dpkg-source: warning: unknown information field 'Package' in input data
in general section of control info file
dpkg-source: warning: unknown information field 'Version' in input data
in general section of control info file
dpkg-source: warning: unknown information field 'Architecture' in input
data in general section of control info file
dpkg-source: warning: unknown information field 'Essential' in input
data in general section of control info file
dpkg-source: warning: unknown information field 'Depends' in input data
in general section of control info file
dpkg-source: warning: unknown information field 'Description' in input
data in general section of control info file
dpkg-source: error: Clifton Test Suite v0.1/debian/control doesn't list
any binary package