[ubuntu-uk] First impressions on Trusty

Tony Pursell ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Apr 22 20:36:51 UTC 2014

On 22 April 2014 19:47, Bruno Girin <brunogirin at gmail.com> wrote:

> So at last I took advantage of the Easter weekend to upgrade my main
> production laptop to Trusty (all the way from Raring) and my first
> impressions are:
> 1. Wow it's fast!
> 2. Erm, battery life is OK but not quite as good as before.
>
> Am I the exception or are others finding the same?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bruno
>

> --
> ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com
>
> I upgraded from 13.10.  14.04 is as bad as 13.10, that is it is very slow
starting up.  Especially, after logging in it spends time before you get
the screen back.  Very reminiscent of the way Windows works. This started
with 13.10 and I was looking for an improvement in 14.04.  Very
disappointed.

Also I cannot change screen brightness in 14.04 so battery life is poor.

I expected better of a LTS.

Tony