[ubuntu-uk] 14.10 code name

Gareth France gareth.france at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 16:52:35 UTC 2014

On 22/04/14 17:48, Alan Pope wrote:
> On 22 April 2014 17:44, Gareth France <gareth.france at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Does anyone know why the name for 14.10 doesn't seem to have been released
>> yet? I've never known this to happen after the release date of the current
>> version before.
>>
> Nope. Only Mark knows that right now.
>
> Last time it was the day after release too:-
>
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-announce/2013-October/000177.html
> http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/1295
>
> This is indeed the latest it's been so far I think.
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

Just out of curiosity if someone were to want to upgrade at this time
(pointless for most I know) they would have to change the name in
sources.list. So have the 14.10 repositories been created? If yes then
how are they working without this name?

I'm not going to upgrade as my one and only machine is used to run my
business but I know in the past I would have upgraded a machine out of
curiosity by now, this is a rather interesting turn of events. No doubt
he has his reasons.