[ubuntu-uk] where does flash store it's temporary files?

Simon Greenwood sfgreenwood at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 10:03:15 UTC 2014

On 17 April 2014 17:12, Peter Smout <smoutpete at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Still trying to investigate the memory leak in the thread "My thoughts
> confirmed", and I'm trying to find where the flash-plug-in stores it's temp
> files.
>
> I've looked in /tmp and can see nothing that looks like a .flv video (or
> part of) and I can see nothing in /home/pete/.mozilla or /home/pete/.adobe
>
> Does anyone know where it downloads it's cache to?
>
> Or is there a CLI way of following the data (the tail command looks
> promising but I don't know what to tail!)

I seem to recall that swf files are cached in their browser config
directory but also that they're compiled to bytecode so you might not be
able to identify them.

The best command tool to start with would be lsof, which should show you
open files. I have a feeling that you might find that a plugin library is
causing the problem but that it runs inside the browser so isn't visible to
the OS.

s/

--
Twitter: @sfgreenwood