[ubuntu-uk] Cloud backup ....

J Fernyhough j.fernyhough at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 15:44:45 UTC 2014

On 8 April 2014 16:25, Barry Drake <ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com> wrote:
> On 08/04/14 15:59, Barry Drake wrote:
>>
>> Unfortunately it costs, but only a meagre $10 as a one-off.  You get a
>> free trial though.
>

> Sorry, meant to say $15.  If you get me to make a referral on my account,
> you get an extra 15 days free trial, as do I, so if you are interested,
> e-mail me off list and I'll make one.
>
> Regards,        Barry.

There are tons (and tonnes) of "free" cloud storage providers out
there. For example, OVH's hubiC provides 25GB free (100GB@€1pm,
10TB@€10pm). IIRC Box also provides 50GB.

I've also had some success with ownCloud on a low-end dedi (which also
provides other services) for around 500GB@£100py (though I fell back
on Unison sync+Ajaxplorer rather than using ownCloud). This has the
added benefit of keeping everything under my control.