[ubuntu-uk] Small graphics issue with Nvidia drivers

Barry Titterton titterton.barry at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 12:38:18 UTC 2014

On 31/03/14 17:59, Michael Eacott wrote:
> I guess that you asked on http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php

I was planning to try the forums after trying the mailing list users first.

> But could this help?
>  http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2108869&highlight=screen+black+lines+text+screen%3A-+Ubuntu+13.10+%26lt%3Bname%26gt%3B+tty1+%26lt%3Bname%26gt%3B+login%3A

The thread that you reference is typical of many that I have found which
talk about a partial or total loss of the display. You will see from my
initial comment that my machine eventually gets to a fully functioning
desktop display, so it is not directly relevant to my issue. It is the
delay and strange behaviour on loading that I would like to cure.

Barry