[ubuntu-uk] LibreOffice menu problem remains

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 25 20:37:27 UTC 2013

On 25 September 2013 21:18, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 25 September 2013 20:45, Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> That is your decision of course.  However it does mean that your
>> initial statement "LibreOffice's menus still are completely
>> inaccessible via the keyboard" is, arguably, not strictly correct, in
>> the sense that the menu actions are accessible via the keyboard using
>> the HUD, though I agree that the top level menus are not.
>
> OK, good point well made. I presume that commands issued via the HUD
> actually trigger menu entries? As I say, I don't use it so I don't
> know. E.g. can you go directly to a sub-option buried in a tab of a
> dialog box?

Not in a dialog box, you have to bring the dialog box up first, as you
would if the Alt key actions worked.  You can get directly to submenus
however.  So in Writer if you hit Alt then type master then it shows
the two options containing the word master, ie File > New > Master
Document and File > Send > Create Master Document.  Hit Enter to
select the first one or down arrow and Enter to select the next.  It
really is rather clever, you should try it :)  Though it is not
entirely bug free I think.

Colin