[ubuntu-uk] Samsung might be getting rid of Android and using their own Linux based OS

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Thu Sep 12 10:28:24 UTC 2013

On 12 September 2013 11:19, scoundrel50a <scoundrel50a at gmail.com> wrote:
> But $700 is a lot of money.......for an unknown OS......I would use it if I
> could run it alongside the OS I have on the phone now. Is it going to be out
> for general use soon and what Phones can be used with it....

We don't support installing alongside other OSs, but other hackers
might have software which enables dual-boot.

Ubuntu Touch reaches a "1.0" release at the same time as 13.10
releases in October. We make images for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, LG
Nexus 4, Asus Nexus 7 and Samsung Nexus 10. Community hackers have
ported it to other devices.

More info at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch

Al.