[ubuntu-uk] Moonlight

John Oliver jp.oliver at ntlworld.com
Wed Sep 11 18:31:35 UTC 2013

On 11/09/13 17:56, Alan Pope wrote:
> On 11 September 2013 17:52, Tony Pursell <ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
>> I want to watch stuff on ParliamentTV on www.parliament.uk but it uses
>> Silverlight.  They suggest that Linux users should use Moonlight, but
when I
>> try any of the links to http://www.go-mono.com/moonlight/ all I get is a
>> message to say that access to that page on the server is 'forbidden'.
>>

> Moonlight is effectively dead. You may be able to get it working with
> Pipelight, which works for some people.
>
> https://launchpad.net/pipelight
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

I tried Pipelight and it works on Parliament TV. Oddly enough, when you
do install it, and only once it is installed and functioning, links
appear allowing you to switch to "Windows Media" aka Totem or Flash
Players. Slightly backwards considering the purpose of those links, but
I don't think the Government Digital Service has gotten its hands on the
Parliament.uk website yet.