[ubuntu-uk] Curious behaviour during start up and shut down.

Barry Titterton titterton.barry at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 14:24:29 UTC 2013

Hi,

My laptop is running a fully up to date 12.04 LTS install. I have
noticed that for the last few weeks, during both start up and shut down,
text messages are displayed over the Ubuntu logo screen. The messages
only appear for a fraction of a second so I have not been able to copy
them or even read them in any detail, but they seem to be messages that
you would see in a terminal, such as "Stopping all processes". It is not
causing any problems but it does detract from the 'polish' of the user
experience, especially when showing Ubuntu to potential new users.
Has anyone else got this behaviour?

Regards,

Barry