[ubuntu-uk] Xfce Appearance

Nigel Verity nigelverity at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 28 11:12:40 UTC 2013

Hi

I am a long-time Xfce user, on both Xubuntu and other distros. The only thing about it which has always disappointed me is purely cosmetic, but annoying all the same.

All the stock Xfce applications look modern and easy on the eye - curved button corners, bevelled surfaces, etc. However some, though by no means all, non-Xfce applications have an appearance more akin to Windows 3 - dark grey flat surfaces and "untextured" right-angled corners.

There are one or two themes which take care of the disparity by making everything look like Windows 3 (!) but, otherwise, the problem is common to all themes.

Is anyone aware of a solution to this?

Thanks

Nige