[ubuntu-uk] Building Ubuntu for the Raspberry Pi, on the Raspberry Pi

Alan Bell alan.bell at libertus.co.uk
Thu Nov 7 17:51:23 UTC 2013

I use python on the pi all the time, it works just fine for me, but I
don't do much time critical stuff. Printing to the console is a bit
slowish, but I do plenty of stuff responding to USB events and flashing
LEDs attached to the GPIO and stuff like that.
Mostly not desktop applications, just scripts that control things, log
data to databases, that kind of stuff.
I have also installed OpenERP on the Pi, that is a biggish python based
server application. It wasn't quick, but neither was it slow enough that
I didn't manage to install it, (including postGRES) and set up a company
in it over the course of an evening.

Alan.

--
Libertus Solutions