[ubuntu-uk] Building Ubuntu for the Raspberry Pi, on the Raspberry Pi

Alan Bell alanbell at ubuntu.com
Wed Nov 6 20:12:49 UTC 2013

Hi all,
I have been keen on the idea of the Raspberry Pi running Ubuntu for some
time, and finally decided to get together with some folk and do
something about it. So we are doing a crowd funding indiegogo thing to
raise money to build a cluster of Pi devices that will be tasked with
building all the packages that make up Ubuntu. You can read more about
it, including some of the backstory about why the Pi didn't run Ubuntu
from the start at the project page here
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/a-raspberry-pi-build-cluster-for-ubuntu/x/5206923
We would welcome contributions, discussion, or general advice :)

Alan.

--
I work at http://libertus.co.uk