[ubuntu-uk] From spreadsheet to vcard

Barry Drake ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com
Thu May 30 11:30:21 UTC 2013

On 29/05/13 23:13, Andrés Muñiz Piniella wrote:
> I am normally given a list of names with emails and other contact
> details in a spreadsheet format.
> I then would like to import it to a csv format such that evolution or
> other mail clients can create a vcard out of.

I found a very simple and elegant way of doing this.  As it was quite a
while ago, and I no longer have that version of Ubuntu running, I am
speaking from memory.  I found an addressbook application that accepted
csv input and allowed proper customisation of fields.  Once you have
imported your addresses etc, it allowed export to several formats
including vcard.  I got all my old addresses onto my Android phone using
that.  I am fairly sure the addressbook application for Ubuntu was
kaddressbook.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,        Barry Drake.