[ubuntu-uk] Packages for Java and Postgresql

Rowan Berkeley rowan.berkeley at gmail.com
Thu May 16 08:51:37 UTC 2013

On 16/05/13 08:45, Colin Law wrote:
> -- ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/
I was looking at Dash Home, not at the Software Centre. The search box I
was talking about was the one on Dash Home. Synaptic used to be
available direct from there, presumably because it was already
installed. But no more. I never use the Software Centre (the red
shopping bag). It's one of the first things I remove from my collection
of launchers after I install (reinstall) Ubuntu. At first glance, it is
nothing but a collection of vile commercial products (hence the shopping
bag icon, presumably). So I had forgotten it even existed. I was
thinking of Dash Home and the Software Centre as being one and the same.